Learning and fun don’t end when summer comes! Here at the Austin Children’s Academy we extend the Montessori educational experience into the hot months of school vacation by offering half day, full day, and extended day summer programs.
ACA’s summer programs provide:
- Flexible Tuition Rates: Monthly and Weekly Rates Available
- Flexible Schedules: Half Day, Full Day and Extended Day Programs Offered
- Programs Available for: Infants (3-18 months), Toddlers (18 months-3 years), Primary (3-6 years), and School-Age (6-10 years)
Many of our students in the After-School Pickup Program during the academic school year enjoy joining ACA in the summer for activities designed especially for them.
As a Montessori school, ACA offers your child the kind of creative, loving, open classroom experience that teaches self-reliance, critical thinking, healthy collaboration, initiative, independence, and a love of learning. Extending that experience over the summer months helps eliminate the summer learning loss (also known as the “summer setback” or the “summer slide”) that many children experience between grades. These learning setbacks can amount to a month of achievement scores in math and reading. Educators note that offering engaging options for students over the summer months helps mitigate those educational losses.
As a Montessori school staffed with Montessori-trained and certified teachers, ACA is uniquely qualified to offer the perfect mix of education and fun. Enrollment in an ACA summer program will help keep your child mentally, socially, and developmentally stimulated. To this end, the Austin Children’s Academy’s summer program integrates a wide variety of special activities to keep the curriculum lively and fresh. These include:
- Splash Days: Fun with water!
- Cooking Days: Food Preparation and Creating Healthy Snacks
- Special Guest Speakers: ACA holds assemblies where people who work to make our communities safe, provide education on living a healthy life, and provide a well-cultured background, come to ACA to share their expertise. We have special guests, organizations and community leaders such as those from the Austin Aquarium, professional athletes, local police officers, firefighters, emergency first responders, etc.
- Music Days: Sing, Dance and Move. Often times we have special musical guests come to ACA to share their talents and interact with our students by performing and integrating world cultures and other topics relating to the theme of the month.
- Library Days: Special guests such as parents, community professionals and students from the local high schools and colleges come into the classroom to read to the children and provide an interactive experience.
If you’re considering enrolling your child in a Austin Children’s Academy classroom in the fall, signing up for a part-time summer program may be the ideal way to gently ease their transition to full-time classes. They’ll have fun, learn the ropes, and become accustomed to the teachers and classroom long before that Dreaded First Day.
Interested? Call us today to make an appointment for a tour. We’re convinced you’ll agree that there’s no better place for a kid to learn and have fun than with us at the Austin Children’s Academy.